The contact number for the Phoenix Care Centre is 01 8276500
This is a state of the art mental health facility which was completed in 2013 and officially opened by the Minister of Health, Dr. James O’Reilly TD and Minister of State, Kathleen Lynch TD. Its location was chosen to give the maximum privacy and security to clients on site but with easy access to the entrance on North Circular Road.
The building accommodates:
- Two 12 bed Psychiatric Intensive Care Wards on the ground floor, Oak for men and Alder for women, each designed around a landscaped courtyard. The bedrooms open off the main circulation space which wraps around the courtyard and widens to provide three day areas. Each ward has a dining room, an activities room and a quiet sitting room, which open off each other, and a further quiet area for general use. Treatment and support rooms are located between the two wards.
- A 20 bed Rehabilitation Ward on the first floor, Birch, designed as sub-wards with 7 and 9 bedrooms with a further 4 bedrooms in between allowing flexibility for use by men and women. Birch has a shared dining room and sitting room opening onto an external terrace. An Activities and Daily Living (ADL) Kitchen, an Art & Pottery Room and a Therapy Room are also provided.
- A 10 bed Rehabilitation Ward, Hazel, on the second floor level with a separate entrance at ground level, (by lift and stairs) to allow independent access for patients. Hazel has a shared dining room and sitting room opening onto an external terrace, as well as a further day room and ADL Kitchen for training.
- The main entrance area includes a suite for Mental Health Tribunals.
- The first floor includes the on-call doctor’s overnight accommodation, medical records and patient’s property store.
- The second floor includes offices and an open plan office area for 20 staff.
- Visitors and families (including children) can meet residents in the Visitor’s Room on the first floor without entering the wards.
2 stage OJEU Public Tender with Standard Government Contract
Davis Langdon (Now Aecom)
Davis Langdon PM & QS services
Moloney O’Beirne Architects
Horgan Lynch Engineers
John Sisk & Son Ltd