The East Quad will accommodate the majority of academic activities and facilities required for the College of Arts & Tourism which currently consists of six schools, four of which will be accommodated within the East Quad building. The gross internal floor area for the East Quad is anticipated to be approximately 16,000m2.
The four schools to be located within the East Quad are as follows;
- Dublin School of Creative Arts
- Conservatory of Music and Drama
- Social Sciences
The building(s) will include academic staff accommodation, teaching space, specialist spaces and support facilities. Specialist facilities will include the following:
- Performance Spaces: including a circa 500 seat rehearsal hall, a recital hall, a black box theatre, TV studio and an external performance area;
- Laboratories: including photographic dark rooms, a film processing room and photographic print finishing room, digital photography teaching and production laboratories;
- Practice & Rehearsal Rooms: these facilities will be used primarily by the Conservatory of Music & Drama to provide the full range of practice facilities;
- Design & Teaching Studios: used primarily by the School of Art, Design & Printing for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Workshops: provided for a range of wet and dry activities including woodwork/joinery, print-making, casting and assembly; and
- Media Studios: including audio/sound recording studios, newsrooms, editing suites and professional recording facilities.
The proposed location of the East Quad building(s) adjacent to Grangegorman Lower will facilitate access by the local community and general public to performances either within the College of Creative & Cultural Industries or outdoors in the adjacent external performance area.
Public Private Partnership (PPP)
Sisk & Son (Holdings) Ltd
FCC Ireland Ltd
Throughout the construction of the East Quad this section will be updated regularly to give a three week look ahead on the construction programme. If there are any unusual or out of hours events to take place notification will be given to the appropriate people through various media including letter drop, email and social media alerts.
Construction Activity 2020
Fit-out Continuing Throughout the Building
- Mechanical and Electrical Fixes ongoing
- Installation door frames ongoing
- Painting ongoing
- Raised Access Floors
- M&E Supports continuing
- Fireproofing ongoing
- Toilet Core fit-out continuing
Landscaping Works and Paving ongoing
Roof work and Plant installation continuing
External Cladding – Glazing All Areas
There will be Saturday activity from 7am – 2pm as per the hours permitted in the planning permission.
- Environmental Monitoring Reports
As part of the construction works for the Central and East Quads at Grangegorman, environmental monitoring will carried out to assess the dust, noise and vibrations arising from the works. They will be published as they become available on this page.
The reports are listed below.
- Contact Details
For day time queries in relation to the Central and East Quad development please contact 087 1788749.
For out of hours queries in relation to the Central and East Quad development please contact 087 3492487.
For employment opportunities on this project, please contact:
- SISK FCC Wesley Duffy: 01 409 1500, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMG Formwork Kevin Farrell: 087 686 5107, email@example.com
- Sue’s Tasty Bites (site canteen) Sue McCann: 086 329 7465
- Images and Video