The Minister for Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science seeks applications from suitably qualified Candidates for appointment to the Board of Grangegorman Development Agency in the areas of Legal and Finance. Further vacancies may arise, over time, for members with experience in other backgrounds included below.
Candidates must demonstrate in their application, evidence of significant experience at an appropriately senior level in one of the following areas.
• Relevant senior expertise in the area of the law, more particularly with regard to construction, property, procurement, and / or planning and development.
• Legal qualification (e.g. Barrister at Law or Solicitor) with a significant level of experience and entitlement to be registered with a relevant legal professional body
• Significant relevant senior experience in the area of Finance, more particularly with regard to Auditing, Accountancy, Risk Management, Property and Development Finance, and Governance.
• A relevant accounting professional qualification and membership of a professional body.
c. Future Vacancies
Candidates with previous board level experience can apply for the following board roles in the GDA – all related to the delivery of the functions of the Agency, infrastructure for health care and education and community relations.
• Legal/ Insurance / Procurement / Corporate Governance / Compliance
• Strategy Development / Public Affairs / Public Administration / Public Engagement / Communications
• Project Management / Engineering / Construction / Architecture / Health & Safety / Spatial planning / Urban Regeneration
• Sustainability / Green Procurement / Climate Action
• Risk Management
• ICT/Cyber Security
• Corporate Governance, in particular the Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
• Skills and Experience in the fields of Property, Construction, Design, Management and Development
Closing Date: 15:00 on Friday 25th November 2022