The East Quad will accommodate the majority of academic activities and facilities required for the College of Arts & Tourism which currently consists of six schools, four of which will be accommodated within the East Quad building. The gross internal floor area for the East Quad is anticipated to be approximately 16,000m2. The four schools to be located within the East Quad are as follows; Art, Design and Printing, Conservatory of Music and Drama, Media, and the School of Languages, Social Sciences and Law.
The building(s) will include academic staff accommodation, teaching space, specialist spaces and support facilities. Specialist facilities will include the following:
- Performance Spaces: including a circa 500 seat rehearsal hall, a recital hall, a black box theatre, TV studio and an external performance area;
- Laboratories: including photographic dark rooms, a film processing room and photographic print finishing room, digital photography teaching and production laboratories;
- Practice & Rehearsal Rooms: these facilities will be used primarily by the Conservatory of Music & Drama to provide the full range of practice facilities;
- Design & Teaching Studios: used primarily by the School of Art, Design & Printing for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Workshops: provided for a range of wet and dry activities including woodwork/joinery, print-making, casting and assembly; and
- Media Studios: including audio/sound recording studios, newsrooms, editing suites and professional recording facilities.
The proposed location of the East Quad building(s) adjacent to Grangegorman Lower will facilitate access by the local community and general public to performances either within the College of Creative & Cultural Industries or outdoors in the adjacent external performance area.
Public Private Partnership (PPP)
Sisk & Son (Holdings) Ltd
FCC Ireland Ltd
Throughout the construction of the East Quad this section will be updated regularly to give a three week look ahead on the construction programme. If there are any unusual or out of hours events to take place notification will be given to the appropriate people through various media including letter drop, email and social media alerts.
Construction Activity April 2019
Continuation of major concrete pours and power floating
SISK FCC has applied for an extension of working hours to facilitate concrete pours on the following dates:
- Friday 12th April until 12pm
- Monday 15th April until 12pm
- Wednesday 17th April until 12pm
Main Building Structure
- Topping Out ceremony held on 3rd April: Building Frame now in place
- Upstands and Lift Overruns at Levels 4-6 ongoing
- Formwork backpropping removal Levels 5-6 ongoing
- Roofing: Screeds to falls Levels 4-6 ongoing
- Performance Hall
- Metal Deck Flooring – ongoing
- Black Box Theatre
- structural steel construction ongoing
- metal deck and pour slab to take place in late April
- Internal Block-work
- Areas 1 Level 0 ongoing
- Facade Block-work
- Facade Internal Face: ongoing Levels 3-6
- External Facade face in Area 1 Level 0-1 to commence in mid April
- Internal and external block-work in Areas 2, 3 and 3A ongoing
- Brickwork to external facade Level 0-1 ongoing
- Window Frames
- Levels 0-5 ongoing throughout April
- Structural staircases to commence installation from mid-April
- H/L Mechanical 1st fix (pipework/ductwork) – Level 1 Area A ongoing
- H/L Electrical 1st fix (containment) - Level 1 Area A ongoing
- Partitioning 1st fix (metal studs and grounds) – ongoing
- M&E service drops within partitions ongoing until June
- Partitioning 2nd Fix – ongoing until mid-June
- H/L Mechanical and Electrical first fix (as above) ongoing for Level 1 Areas B, C and D, and Level 2 Areas A,B,C
- Partitioning 2nd Fix for Level 1 and Level 2 ongoing throughout April, May and June
- Initial paint wall in corridors for Levels 1 and 2 to commence
- Snagging to soffit in Level 2 Area D ongoing in preparation for 1st fix M&E in this area
- H/L M&E 1st fix to commence in Level 3 Area A in late april
- Partitioning Level 3 Areas B,C, D for 1st Fix M&E ongoing
- Toilet Core fit-out ongoing in Areas A, C and D
There will be Saturday activity from 7am – 2pm as per the hours permitted in the planning permission.
- Environmental Monitoring Reports
As part of the construction works for the Central and East Quads at Grangegorman, environmental monitoring will carried out to assess the dust, noise and vibrations arising from the works. They will be published as they become available on this page.
The reports are listed below.
- Contact Details
For day time queries in relation to the Central and East Quad development please contact 087 1788749.
For out of hours queries in relation to the Central and East Quad development please contact 087 3492487.
For employment opportunities on this project, please contact:
- SISK FCC Wesley Duffy: 01 409 1500, email@example.com
- SMG Formwork Kevin Farrell: 087 686 5107, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue’s Tasty Bites (site canteen) Sue McCann: 086 329 7465
- Images and Video