Election of Local Representatives
Schedule 4 of the Grangegorman Development Agency Act sets out the method by which representatives of the local community will be elected to the Board and the Consultative Body of the Agency. The Community have one position on the Board and two on the Consultative Group. The election process can be summarised as follows;
- Local residents groups and community groups register with the Agency as an interested party
- People from these groups put themselves forward for elections. There are strict criteria on who is eligible to run for election.
Only residents of the defined neighbourhood are eligible (see electoral area map below).
- Two separate votes take place, one for the Board and one for the Consultative Group. Each registered group sends two reps to vote.
- Residents groups can vote in both elections, community groups can only vote in the Consultative Group election.
Election of Resident Representatives to the Grangegorman Development Agency and Consultative Group
The term of office of the Grangegorman Development Agency Board and Consultative Group comes to an end this year and in accordance with the GDA Act 2005 the election of new representatives to the GDA Board and Consultative Group will take place on 30th April 2015.
The deadline for Residents Associations, Tenants Associations and Community Groups to register for the GDA elections has now passed. The new list of registered groups is available to view below.
In order for a person to be eligible for nomination they must fulfill all of the following;
- Be resident in the GDA area (see map above or contact the GDA)
- Be on the register of electors in the area
- Be nominated by at least 2 registered groups
If a nominee does not satisfy all three criteria he/she will be deemed ineligible for the election.
A list of the registered groups and their contact details can be obtained from the GDA. These details are held and used for the sole purpose of the election process. If you have any questions in relation to the election process please do not hesitate to contact the GDA on 01 4024140 or at email@example.com.
Registered Groups 2015
Residents Associations and Tenants Associations (11) |download PDF
Community Groups and Associations (18) |download PDF
Result of Nomination Process 2015 Publication of Nominees
Following a week long nomination process in accordance with the GDA Act 2005, below are the lists of nominees for the Board and Consultative Group. The elections will be held in the GDA Offices on Thursday, 30th April 2015.
Results of previous elections are available on request.